Tuesday 31 March 2015

MARCH FAVOURITES!



With the end of March comes better weather. I feel like I haven't seen the sun properly since September! Anyway, I had a cold for some of this month, and I had a little breakout afterwards so I wasn't wearing a whole lot of make-up or trying anything different.




My first favourite of the month is the Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation. Really, I've loved this through the whole of winter (as if you couldn't tell). It's a light-medium coverage foundation that has a lovely, light consistency and is lovely for both good and bad skin days. It leaves your skin look quite glowy, making it perfect for when your skin is looking a bit dull. It doesn't cling to dry patches or settle into pores either - winning.




Next, I've been loving the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin concealer. This is perfect for covering up any redness, which is one of my biggest skin concerns. It blends really nicely and isn't too thick plus, it makes a good eye primer if you're into that. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if this is good for concealing the under eye area because I don't use anything there but it does what I need it to do, so it gets a thumbs up from me




I fell in love with this mascara last year, so this is certainly not a new favourite. I had been wearing my Benefit They're Real! mascara since around Christmas time, and the Maybelline Great Lash mascara had been shoved aside, but I rediscovered it in my make-up drawer when I was rushed for time one morning and was glad to see that the love had survived. It's not so good at holding a curl in my lashes, but nothing is. This might be small in packaging, but it really packs a voluminizing punch into my straight, short eyelashes.




I bought this after hearing rave reviews about it all over Youtube. It's the L'oreal Le Blush in the shade Rosewood (Pretty Little Liars, anyone?). I find a light hand is needed for this one, it ain't lacking in the pigmentation department but it is very blendable. The colour is just gorgeous, I don't have anything like it in my collection. It's a natural looking, warm rose shade with a slight brown undertone. It has great staying power on my oily skin too.




Last but certainly not least, is the Blissful Mistful body mist by Zoella. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss the heavier winter fragrances but I simply can't wait for Summer now. I've been spraying this throughout the month just as a reminder that the weather is about to get a little warmer. This has a gorgeous floral scent that's refreshing, and isn't overpowering in the slightest making it perfect for everyday wear. This will probably be my staple fragrance for the whole of Spring.


What were you loving through March? Leave me a comment and let me know! -x

No comments:

Post a Comment