Tuesday 3 March 2015

Skincare Routine!


I first realised it was important to adopt a decent skincare routine when I was about fifteen. Before then, the only way I thought to help my skin out was to simply remove my make-up before going to bed and that was it. Of course, I ended up with angry spots and large, clogged pores. I've found a skincare routine that caters to all of my skincare needs. So let's get to it!



The first step I take to clean my skin is a cleanser. Currently I've been using the B. Clean Melting Gel Cleanser. I use  this both morning and night, and it's exceptional when it comes to  removing make-up. It's really gentle, so it doesn't irritate the eyes. As someone with oily skin, I can safely say that despite this product being aimed at normal to dry skin, it's not stripping in the slightest but it cleanses the skin really effectively. I picked this up because my skin has been quite dehydrated, so my usual cleanser had become too harsh, and it's  exactly what I was looking for. 
Superdrug - Currently on offer for £3.48



Sadly, I've been going through a breakout down to hormones and the joys of college work (ha). I find this face mask really efficient in tackling angry looking spots and red patches. It's the Superdrug De-Stressing Aloe Vera Mud Mask, and I use it once a week. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and refreshed. It's not really something to scream and shout about but it does the job nicely when I need it. 
Superdrug - £2.59


In order to reduce the chance of clogged pores, it's important to use a good exfoliant. I use the Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose in It Facial Scrub. It's a physical exfoliant, but I don't find it to be too harsh on my skin. I do think that you should use a light hand with it though. I simply scrub it into my skin, leaving it on for two minutes and then washing it off. My skin is left feeling clear and smooth, plus it has a fresh scent too!
 Boots - £9



I hadn't really felt the need to invest in a good eye cream until recently. I woke up to puffy eyes, and dark circles, and I swear this is has been my saviour! this is the Origins GinZing Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff. I bought a travel size because, as a student, £23 is pricey for an eye cream. I'm going to invest in a full size as soon as this one's finished, I think it's becoming a holy grail. It does everything I need it to and it leaves my under eye skin feeling instantly bright and awake.
Boots - £23



The final step to my skincare  routine is moisturiser. The one I'm currently using is the Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser. I am always conscious of moisturisers as I didn't want to push my already oily skin over the edge. This however, instantly mattifies the skin but still leaves it hydrated and smooth. The moisturiser smells so good due to the blackcurrant, and the texture isn't too thick, making it melt into the skin quickly. I think the mattifying properties will make the product more beneficial come warmer months.
Boots - £7.99


Hopefully you found this post helpful! Do you think there are any products I should look into? Let me know! - x

No comments:

Post a Comment