Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Day Out + Review



As you can see, I've got a bit of a different post for you today! There's a market that makes it's way up to Aberdeen every few months for a weekend, so I decided to visit and make a day of it. I couldn't possibly visit the market without having a bite to eat, so my boyfriend and I made our way to the handmade burger co. It was my first visit, but I had heard a lot of good things so I was excited to experience it for myself.



The first thing I noticed about the restaurant was how relaxed it is, the waitresses seemed relaxed and happy to help. The decor had a lovely, rustic feel to it but still remained modern, probably down to the writing on the wall (as you can see in the first image) and the framed photos. It has a really lovely atmosphere to just relax and have a laugh with your friends.
Atmosphere - 5/5
Decor - 4/5
 (simply because I didn't feel like the wallpaper suited the restaurant)


Cajun chips


American cheese beef burger




Italian chicken burger

The food was just delicious, and the portion sizes are large.. maybe a bit too large. We chose the american cheese beef burger, and the Italian chicken burger, splitting them both between us so we could both try them. I wasn't as impressed by the chicken burger as I was by the beef burger. However, the beef burger was bloody massive so I did struggle to bite into it. We also chose the cajun seasoned chips, which were so tasty. I do have one word of advice for these though: share! The portion is huge, and one of these between the two of us was more than enough.
The menu is really extensive, so you're bound to find something you like, even if you're a vegetarian. You've got plenty of time to decide on what you'd like to order too, as the waiting style is similar to that of Nando's, where you order yourself instead of waiting on someone coming to you. I was really tempted by their range of sundaes, but I managed to resist (for once!). 
You'll be pleased to hear that the price of handmade burger co is very reasonable. The most expensive burger is just under £13, so you do get a heck of a lot for your money.

Food - 3/5
Price - 5/5

I would definitely recommend visiting, it's really tasty. Just remember to bring your appetite! 
I would probably go again but I would have to try something different.



Now, onto the market! There were loads of lovely stalls, from fresh fruit and veg to your typical handmade jewellery stalls. We ended up buying from a brownie/muffin stand and a French delicatessen stand. I wish I could have gotten more but y'know being a student you need to value your money etc etc


An amaretti biscuit (I didn't get to try it but it was supposedly lovely), a triple layer cake, which was really light. I also got a nutella cannoli, which was the first one I've ever tried and I have to say, it was seriously yummy. 


I then ended up with a triple chocolate brownie, a nutella brownie (I really don't like nutella do I?), and the boyfriend ended up with a black forest brownie. My favourite was definitely the nutella one, they're so moreish!

I bet you haven't guessed I have a bit of a sweet tooth, no? What about you? Have you visited any nice places to eat recently? - x

No comments:

Post a Comment