Tuesday 27 October 2015

October Favourites!



I've always loved October, maybe it's because of Halloween, or maybe it has something to do with it being my birthday month... Either way, I love it when it starts to cool off but it's not completely freezing yet, you can start wearing boots and jumpers and fluffy socks (oh, how I love fluffy socks). 
I celebrated my birthday by going to a lovely Italian restaurant, and then went to see comedian Kevin Bridges later on. It was brilliant, I've never known anyone who doesn't find him hilarious! Anyhoo, I don't have the biggest variety of products to show you but I hope you like reading about them anyway.




I'm going to get the candle out of the way first because as much as I love it, it's so bloody difficult to get it in a picture so lets just ignore my lack of photography skills for now. I always crack out the Salted Caramel Yankee Candle during autumn, it's not sickly sweet as you would assume, it's more of a warm and homey scent, and the scent throw is brilliant. Perfect for lazy nights cuddling up on the sofa with a blanket!
I have two blushers to show you. The first is the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Lavish Mauve which is a pinky-mauve coloured blush which leaves the cheeks with a natural, soft looking glow. It's not the most pigmented colour but it can be built up if you really wanted to. The next blush is the Rimmel lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose. I use this when I'm wearing a bold lip and don't want anything to interfere with the overall makeup look, and this is perfect. The colour is a lot more pink than the picture above but just gives a little boost to the skin, without being at all dramatic.
Next I've been wearing the Maybelline 24h Colour Tattoo in On And On Bronze which I find really compliments my green eyes. The texture is so soft but it doesn't crease at all on me. It's perfect for those days where you have to rush to put on your makeup as it's super quick to use.




I do love a good dark lip, but I'm going to talk about the Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in Nude Perfection. This is the first brown based nude I've used, and I really love how it looks on me. It lasts a good time on the lips but it's not overly drying despite the product being more of a pencil than an actual lipstick.
Onto the trio of darkness. Haha. First is the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Va Va Violet which is a super dark purple shade. You can pat this onto the lips for more of a light stain, or you can really build this up to a super bold colour. This is a bit daunting to use because it does come off really dark but I love the colour on my fair skin.
The last products are ones that I featured in a recent haul. First is The Only 1 lipstick by Rimmel in One Of A Kind, a vampy red. It's got a pink undertone to it so I imagine it would suit everyone. It's very flattering and lasts quite a long time on the lips. Only downside is that when it dries on the lips, it can cling to dry patches so it's not one that you should top up during the day - you're better off taking it off and starting again. And lastly is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dark Night Waterloops which is a dark purple berry colour. It's super creamy and super pigmented so I prefer to outline the lips with a brush and fill the rest in. It glides straight over any dry patches but you don't want to wear it while eating or drinking, trust me. Although it doesn't bleed, you don't want to accidentally touch your lips because it will come off and it's pretty messy! I love the colour and the finish though, so it's not too much hassle.


Movies of The Month

Since it's Halloween, I had to crack out Hocus Pocus. It's obviously the best Halloween movie out there. If you haven't seen it (why!?) then I suggest you get moving! I love the humour in this film, Winnie is my spirit animal.
I also love the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie, it's kinda cheesy but I can't help but love that about it. I love Kristy Swanson as Buffy! Lastly I love watching the Halloween movies at this time of year, they're not super scary but I really enjoy traditional slasher style horror movies.


October Playlist

The 1975 - Love Me
Trapt - Headstrong
Selena Gomez - Revival (album)
The Japanese House - Pools to Bathe In (EP)



Unfortunately I'm working during Halloween so I must live vicariously through everyone else - what are you going as for Halloween?-x

No comments:

Post a Comment