Friday 9 October 2015

Love List + Catch Up!



Hey guys. Let me start this off with an apology. I haven't been present around here at all these past couple of months and I'm really sorry. From starting the second year of my course, to having some personal issues, I've struggled to find the time to just relax and just talk to you guys. I'd like for this post to be a new start, so it's going to be a catch up post regarding what I've been loving this last wee while. Some things that I've really been enjoying this past little while, so let's begin!




First off, lets talk about the product that I've been loving for natural, glowy skin. It's the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Tanning Mousse in Medium. I told you all about my love/hate relationship with the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan but I only have love for this bottle of sun. It's super easy to use, dries quickly, doesn't transfer and leaves me a good shade of bronze that actually lasts!
And to go with that, I've been using the Superdrug Cherry & Macadamia Nut Body Butter to keep my skin smooth and to prevent any patchiness while the tan's fading. It has the most delicious smell that lingers on the skin (don't worry, it's not overpowering). It leaves my skin super smooth and hydrated, and it's currently on offer for £1.95 - brilliant.
My sister flew in from Canada recently and she brought with her a bundle of beauty goodness which included this hair mask for fine hair from La Biosthetique. It's a little tough to get a hold of but my hair has never looked or felt better. It's so much more manageable with less knots - it's basically the answer to my hair prayers.




After so much hype surrounding the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob, I felt compelled to pick it up.. and I'm glad I did! It's a really gorgeous 'my lips but better shade' - think a neutral rosy pink. It lasts around 4 hours on my lips, and isn't drying at all. It's a really great shade for muting down a dramatic eye look, or exaggerating the lip line a bit (which I personally don't, I end up looking like a fish).
Next up, is the mascara that the Youtube community went crazy for - and I can totally see why. I picked up the waterproof version of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara because I was looking for something that would thicken up my lashes and hold a curl. This mascara does just that! It separates the lashes really nicely, giving them a little bit of length and the best thing is - it doesn't smudge. I can always trust this to stay in place during long hours at work, super impressed!
And last  but seriously not least is the much coveted Mary Lou Manizer highlighter. It's a bit expensive but it's totally worth it. It's super soft but packs a real punch in terms of pigmentation. It can be built up if you're on a night out, or can be used for a subtle daytime highlight. Probably my most loved product in my makeup stash right now.


If you're not a fan of non-beauty things like tv/movies/music then it's alright for you to click away now - I promise I won't be offended haha!

TV Talk

I've being making my way through The Vampire Diaries fairly quickly - I'm currently on Season 4 and I am loving it. I love the different story lines, and the fact that it's fairly fast paced - I can't be dealing with story lines that drag out for so long without any twists along the way. It's not just the story that's great though - Paul Wesley, anyone?

I've also been catching up on Season 3 of Mistresses and Devious Maids. Mistresses is basically a drama series based on the lives of four friends and it follows their complex, and sometimes illegitimate relationships. It's basically a soap, so if you're looking for something not so hard hitting to take your mind off things for a bit then this is a good one to sit and binge on.
Devious Maids is more of a mystery/crime based drama that follows the lives of a group of maids within Beverly Hills. The first series revolves around an English Professor, Marisol, whose son has been jailed for the murder of a maid. She then goes undercover as a maid within the same neighbourhood in a bid to clear his name - the storyline doesn't drag on though, it's not like PLL where only fifty million series' on, you find out who the killer is. It's a really good watch if you like girly tv and something that's going to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Playlist

I've had so many music favourites so it's difficult to pinpoint all of them but here goes!

I've been loving the album Badlands by Halsey. I've been a big fan of hers for quite a while so I was super excited for her to finally release this album. She has such a distinct voice, and sound - give her a listen if you're into indie pop.

As for individual songs, I've been obsessed with Chvrches' new song Leave A Trace. Again, I've been such a huge fan of this band for quite a while and, since their first album was amazing, I was nervous as to whether or not they could do better but they definitely have. I still love this song even after listening non stop since its' release.

I've also been loving How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris, and Say You'll Haunt Me by Stone Sour - two totally different genres, and one is a reminder of my younger teenage years - oh, the nostalgia.


Again, I'm sorry for being absent for such a long time but I promise I'll try my best for you! This is something I really enjoy, and I will make more time to just sit down and chat. -x

No comments:

Post a Comment