Tuesday 13 October 2015

A Wee Haul!



We all do it. Go for a stroll through Boots for some household essential like toothpaste or handwash, and end up leaving with your hands full of makeup that you don't really need, but you absolutely must have at the same time... It only seems right that I share my guilty pleasures with you! (Warning: I seem to be having a real Rimmel moment right now).




First bits I picked up were some of the worst (by worst I mean best) guilty pleasures that I can't quite seem to keep away from: lipsticks. 
I have a bit of a thing for wine-y, berry toned lipsticks - especially during this time of year so I picked up Rimmel's The Only 1 Lipstick in the shade One Of A Kind. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't tell you about the wear time or anything techincal (ha) like that but the colour really is lovely - I imagine this will give a vampy wine stained lip effect.
Next is the Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in Nude Perfection. It's a really gorgeous browny nude, that can be used to up the glamour or tone down a dramatic look. It wears quite well, and isn't very drying at all!
The last lip colour I picked up is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dark Night Waterloops. What a name. I first spotted this in Winter last year but never really got the chance to pick it up. It's a very dark purple shade that's perfect for autumn and winter. Again, I haven't tried this one so I can't give you many more details: just that I'm excited to darken up my makeup with this.





I then picked up Soap & Glory's The Fab Pore 2-in-1 mask and peel - it's not a peel in the usual 'peeling off the skin' sense but I certainly felt and saw a difference in my skin. It's not harsh at all, and I can definitely see a difference after one use. I'll be sure to keep you posted with this one!
Last but not least, I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer. I tested this out during a long shift at work yesterday. Usually, my makeup is sliding all over the place within three or four hours but this time, my makeup was only just beginning to fade away after five hours! I already prefer this to their Fix & Perfect Pro Primer.


Thanks for reading! Picked up anything new lately? -x


No comments:

Post a Comment