Friday 13 November 2015

REVIEW: Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony



Hi guys, today I'm here to talk about a product that I've been wanting to buy forever but was a little skeptical of due to a) the price and b) the shade range. £15.50 seems like a bit of a joke for a brow product, but I felt I just had to see what all the fuss was about. The huge shade range might make it sound easier to choose your exact match but since I'm unable to source this in store, it's almost impossible to see the difference between some of the darker brown colours. So, I ended up picking Ebony - it's slightly too dark for me but we make things work here. Oh, and if you don't recognise this product - it's the Brow Wiz from Anastasia Beverly Hills.




Let's start off with the packaging. It's a very slim, double ended pencil, one side contains the actual product, which is "ultra-fine" and retractable, which means no awkward sharpening. On the other end is a spooly, which I find a little harsh and scratchy for my brow area, I'm hoping that it will soften the more I use it but we'll see. I find this really easy to use because of how slim the packaging and the product itself is, you can get it precisely where you want it and it makes it easy to fill in sparse areas while leaving just a bit of colour in the more sparse areas of the brow.




Like I said, the shade Ebony can be a bit dark for me but that's only if I go crazy with it. The product itself is very soft, so I would be slightly worried about taking this anywhere with me without it's box in fear that it would snap on me (not literally). Despite this, my brows stay in shape and last all day - I've worn this to the gym before, and through the rainy days in Aberdeen and it doesn't ever budge.
The shade Ebony is a very dark, cool toned brown. The reason I picked this shade was because of it's cool tone. Since I have quite dark hair already, I didn't want to pick something that was too warm toned and this was pretty much perfect for that reason, and I kind of like that it's quite dark because it prevents me from going crazy with my brows and looking like I've just went crazy with a marker pen!

I do get the hype for this, and I love that you can pretty much fake any shape you want with it. I just advise anyone to do their research on the shades, and use a light hand with that spooly! You can buy the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz for £15.50 here - there's free postage over £15!


No comments:

Post a Comment