Friday 20 May 2016

My Go-To Sun Cream



It's that time of year here in Scotland where the weather becomes slightly less grim, when scowls are replaced by smiles and the sun actually makes an appearance (sporadically, but still). Of course, everyone knows that you should protect your skin from the dangers of the sun but we all have to go outside sometimes. Therefore, it is essential to find a good sun cream - for me, that means no pore-clogging or sticky formulas, and ideally it would be quick to absorb. Enter Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced sun lotion for fair, sensitive and sun-intolerant skin SPF 50+.
Now, I wouldn't say I have overly sensitive skin but certain sunscreens are filled with so many chemicals and I would certainly rather avoid them by switching to a formula for sensitive skin. This lotion has a hypo-allergenic formula, free from any parabens, colourants and perfume so is perfecting for avoiding any potential reactions.




The sun lotion claims to have a light texture that isn't sticky, and doesn't leave a white cast on the face, and I have to say I agree! On first impression, the lotion is quite thin, and therefore sticky however, once put on the skin it absorbs relatively quickly over the body. I must mention that I also use this on my face, which leaves a slight texture to the skin but it's similar to wearing a primer. It leaves the skin looking slightly more dewy throughout the day but that's sort of expected during the warmer months, right? I often apply this under make-up and do not find that it interferes with the application or lasting-time of my foundation. As you can see, the formula as white so I was sceptical to see if this would make me look grey and ill but it doesn't at all, instead it becomes clear when rubbed into the skin. My last point to make is that the lotion retails at £8, considering the bottle is 200ml it will last ages, so is well worth the price!
This is obvious but it's important to mention that you should reapply sunscreen throughout the day, and double cleanse at the end of the day to avoid any build up! Hopefully, I haven't bored you to tears over such a simple product but I figured many of you could be on the hunt for a new sunscreen now that the sun is coming out. I noticed online that this also has a version for the face which some of you may be interested in but I find this perfectly fine for using on that area.

You can find the Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced sun lotion here.


I hope wherever you are, your summer weather is better than here in Scotland - in which the sun comes out for approximately 35.5 seconds during the whole season (jokes.. kind of) -x

No comments:

Post a Comment