Tuesday 24 May 2016

Fashion Haul!



I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I much prefer shopping for clothes in the winter because that just suits my style - thick fabrics and dark colours? Right up my street. However, this can be somewhat of an issue in warmer months, as no one wants to be wearing a chunky knit in the sun, so I decided to hit up the sales and spend some money. Now, I'm not someone who enjoys clothes shopping very much - all that runs through my head is 'do i really need that?' however, this time the answer was yes, yes I do. Now that I've bored you with a mandatory opening paragraph, lets get on with it (this could be a long one).

I first landed in H&M, where I found this dark grey vest top with some type of bull-like animal (?) on it. The fabric is super soft and it hangs really nicely. Perfect for if you're having a 'i just ate a share bag of doritos and a full pizza to myself' day (don't lie, you've been there), as this will just flow right over everything! I'm pretty sure this was around the £4 mark on sale!




I then found this gorgeous sleeveless roll-neck top. I've been looking for something red to add to my wardrobe as I don't have anything that colour - which is surprising since it is my favourite. The top is ribbed and slightly stretchy, the fabric feels like it would be warm since it's quite a tight fit - not 'tight' as in too big but more it just holds everything in 'tight' but it's a breathable material so I'm sure I'll manage. As if the gorgeous colour wasn't enough, this was only a fiver! I would love this with some black high waisted jeans and heels for a night out, or with a leather jacket during the day.




Finished with H&M I went to Miss Selfridge which was a slight disappointment as everything was slightly too pastel and girly for me. Don't get me wrong, all of that is gorgeous but it doesn't really suit my style at the moment. However, I did stumble across this boxy, monochrome striped t-shirt. I've been looking for something like this for a while, it's just so simple! I feel like you could wear this with anything, and it's very comfortable. This wasn't in sale, so you can find it here for £14.




Disappointed, I ventured off to New Look - a shop which I either really love or... don't. I liked a lot of the stuff there but I have this irrational fear of running out of money so I just got this top from the sale! It's a nice, sleeveless slightly boxed vest. I love this style when paired with black ripped skinny jeans or high waisted shorts. It's very flowy and comfortable and it's black so it's kind of a winner.




I then ventured off to the shopper's haven - Primark. I first spotted this casual vest top, which isn't made the best but it's pretty comfortable. Since this is a scoop vest, I feel I might have to watch that my bra doesn't pop out the top but if I find it too troublesome, I don't mind using it as a pyjama top. If I do venture outside in this, it'll probably be with some blue jeans, my leather jacket and some black boots! 




This could be my favourite purchase out of the haul. I'm not entirely sure how I'll wear it but maybe with some high waisted shorts? Anyway, I was torn between this and a Rolling Stones top in the same style but in grey, while the logo was leopard print but I was won over by the unique blue, acid wash of this. Very cool, very 70's. Yes. This was £8 if you're wondering!




Next up are some skinny ripped blue jeans. These are made of a comfortable fabric, and I feel like the rips give any outfit an added edge. I love ripped jeans as they can make any outfit look cool, or casual and you can pretty much wear them with anything. Now, I would've preferred these to be high waisted but at £7 you can't really complain.




I feel like the last item of a haul should be the weirdest, most out-of-place one. This is just a simple flowy gym top. I was sick of wearing tight fitting tops to the gym, as they don't agree with rowing machines - I'm always having to adjust them and make sure they aren't rolling up. But this is perfect, I went a size up with this because I want it to be extra roomy! I believe this was £5.

I hope you enjoyed this haul, I don't want you to think I made this post to show off, but instead it was for some inspiration. I know I find posts like these helpful for looking for certain items to fit my style. I also picked up a few make-up bits, so be sure to pop back in next time for a look at those.

I hope you find this helpful. I love getting a peak in other people's shopping baskets, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! What was your favourite piece? -x









No comments:

Post a Comment