Tuesday 18 August 2015

EMPTIES #2



It's strange.  It tends to take me a while to use up products yet when I use up one, I seem to use up them ALL (slight exaggeration). I've had this bag of empties to share for a little while so that's today's plan.



First up is a product that I reviewed a few months ago. The Body Shop Sumptuous Cleansing Butter has lasted me a couple of months. I'm not sure if that's normal but I feel like I expected it to last a little longer. It removes makeup like a dream, and I'm currently trying out the camomile cleansing oil to compare. I'll be sure to keep you posted with that!

This tub of The Righteous Butter is the second one I've been through. You can always tell if someone's been using this, as the scent really transfers onto the clothes you wear. That's okay with me though, the scent is really fresh and lovely! I love the texture of this, and it really leaves my skin super soft.

Keeping with the shower theme, I have an empty that I wasn't very impressed by. It's the Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo by The Body Shop. I read a few reviews which said this helped with itchy, irritated scalps (something I had at the time), so I expected this to somewhat help. It was alright at first, but as I got closer to the end of the bottle, it made my scalp so much worse, and ended up giving me dandruff instead of helping anything. Not impressed.

Finally from this segment, is the Blistex MedPlus lip balm. I was obsessed with this during winter, as it somehow fixed cracked lips and managed to rid of all flakiness. It really worked a treat and I'll probably repurchase come the colder months. 




Let's start of with the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan. I reviewed this very recently, and I'm still not really sold on it. It leaves a nice colour when used overnight but in all honesty I'm just a bit fed up with it! It doesn't last very long and the finish tends to be uneven. I won't be repurchasing.

I finished the Good Things Miracle Mattifier moisturiser first out of this bunch, but it was very well loved. It has the most amazing smell thanks to the blackcurrant, and it left my skin feeling soft and I do feel that it did something in regards to keeping oil at bay. It's a good one for summer.

We then have the Nivea Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Water, which was one of my favourite products in my bathroom cupboard. This wasn't at all irritating, and it would leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed without being stripping. I used this when I was in a hurry or if my skin was angry at me. I would repurchase this one.

It pains me that the They're Real! mascara by Benefit has expired. I love this mascara, it really makes my lashes look a million times longer and thicker than they really are, and I used to not feel right without it. I actually tried a new mascara lately and felt totally underwhelmed because I had been used to the extreme results this gives. Weird.

I'm going to finish this post with a foundation that I forgot to picture above. It's the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in either Ivory or True Ivory (forgive me, I'm not at home while writing this). You know, the tube with the purple? I loved the coverage this gave me, and this was one of the first foundations I used (not the same tube, ew). To be honest, it's probably why I prefer thicker consistencies. It lasts a long time and it doesn't tend to cling to dry patches unless y'know, you've actually got dry patches. However, the one thing that bugs me about this is the marketing. It's called Stay Matte... it definitely doesn't "stay matte" for any length of time. This would probably cake up if you put on too much, but you really don't need a lot of it. It gives a nice natural but full coverage. I may repurchase again.

aaaand breathe... that was a long one (for me anyway), so I hope you've enjoyed and this has somewhat helped you! -x


No comments:

Post a Comment