Tuesday 21 July 2015

REVIEW: Seventeen Stay Time Foundation



About a month ago, I went looking for a real full coverage foundation that would last all day, without clinging to any dry patches. At the time there was an 'everything under £5' offer for Seventeen so I just picked it up. I really didn't expect this, but it's a winner!
First of all, the Seventeen Stay Time Hour claims to be a long lasting (up to 25 hours to be precise), full coverage foundation that creates 'flawless, smooth skin'. For me, it does exactly that. I have used this when I'm on an 8 hour shift at work, and when I'm travelling all day and this just stays put the whole time. I seldom even have to blot away any excess oils while I'm wearing this.
Since this is an extremely full coverage foundation, the consistency is very thick and I know that some of you might totally hate, it's not for those of you that prefer something a little more natural looking. You do not need a lot of product to get a good, even base so there shouldn't be any caking. I use this with a flat foundation brush, I think it really helps to distribute the liquid evenly and then, if I need to, I'll either take my fingers or a buffing brush to really smooth it into the skin. 
From the consistency, I expected the Seventeen Stay Time foundation to get quite greasy looking throughout the day, and for it to gather in weird places (like the sides of the nose and around the mouth) but there's absolutely none of that, despite having oily skin. It really does make my skin look totally flawless, and it might just be me but I notice a certain radiance about my face when I use this, it's certainly not flat. I love the coverage it gives. I have blotchy red skin around the tops of my cheeks, nose and forehead and this totally evens that out. I have read other reviews from people saying that this clung to dry patches, and that normally happens with me around my forehead and on the top of my cheeks with other foundations - but not this one, so don't let that stop you from trying this out.
This is an all round fantastic foundation. It's certainly not for those of you that prefer the 'no makeup' makeup look but it's great for people like me that like good coverage from their foundation, but actually want it to stay looking good all day. This is a safe bet for travelling with as it has a twist and lock mechanism, and it's a good one for summer as it has SPF 25! The Seventeen Stay Time Foundation is £6.49 from Boots (tip: there's a free gift if you spend over £5 on Seventeen), and I have the shade Natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment