Friday 24 April 2015

REVIEW: Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

Okay, I know things have been a bit MIA for the past couple of weeks but hear me out. As much as I enjoyed having two whole weeks off for the Easter break, it really messed with my routine. So, in an attempt to get back on track, I have a review for you!


Since the weather's really picking up here in Aberdeen, I felt I needed something to prolong my foundation wear time, and keep it matte for longer and, since I had heard some great reviews over on YouTube, I just had to pick up a bottle of the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer. This is a water based primer, so it's ideal for those of you that don't like silicone based primers. It claims to be a 5 in 1 product, but I'm not sure if I agree. When it came to putting on my foundation, there were still a few rough patches that the primer hadn't worked to resolve, and I don't think it really brightened my face all that much. Then again, skin dullness isn't really a concern of mine.
That being said, it leaves my skin feeling super soft after use, and it isn't greasy in the slightest. I think the best part of the primer is it's longevity, and mattifying properties. It instantly mattifies the skin, and it kept my foundation looking shine free for a solid eight hours, instead of three or four.


As you can see, the consistency of the primer is pretty normal. Not thick but not too thin. It glides onto the skin really nicely and like I said, it doesn't leave a greasy film over the skin like some others. Don't let the white colour put you off, it transfers onto the skin clear. I have a sneaky feeling that perhaps the white is meant to have the brightening effect? 
The packaging is nothing special, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The bottle isn't packed too tight, so that means for less waste and mess!
Now, I like the formula, and the packaging but can we talk about the smell for a moment? I really hate it, it smells slightly.. medicinal? Weird. I can get past it but yeah, it's odd..

Anyway, scent woes aside. The Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer is a skin smoothing primer that's great at increasing foundation wear time, and keeping the face matte - and it's reasonably priced at £6.99. Find it here!

Sidenote: Don't worry, I'll be picking things back up over here and things will be back to normal on Tuesday -x
 



No comments:

Post a Comment