Tuesday 26 May 2015

REVIEW: L'occitane Sublime Essence



Around September last year, I received a mini version of the L'occitane Sublime Essence, and I was in love. Unfortunately, as a student, the full size version was way out of my budget by the time I had finished it and I kind of forgot about it until about a month ago. 
I was snooping around the internet, trying to find something new to add to my skincare routine because it is pretty basic. I wanted something that would not only smooth and brighten my skin, but also reduce redness. After some searching, I came across this again and since I've loved it before, I thought.. why not just save up and buy the full size? 
Let's start with the packaging. Yes, the bottle is fairly small considering the price but you really only need the smallest amount. The glass bottle is actually pearlescent, although these pictures just don't do it justice, and it has a handy pump that distributes the perfect amount of product. Don't be wary of the pump though, it has a twist lock system so you can travel with it!



L'occitane Sublime Essence is made with organic extracts from two angelic flowers. White iris, and angelica. While white iris perfects the skin, angelica works to hydrate the skin, and really bring it to life. The silicone free formula promises to leave the skin looking, and feeling 'sublime'.
The  Sublime Essence claims to do 6 things. It claims to smooth the texture of skin, tighten pores, reduce tightness and redness, hydrate and plump, and leave the skin super soft to touch. It's one of the very few products that actually follows through on it's claims. I haven't suffered from any dry patches while using this, and I was amazed at how soft this made my skin feel. It made me want to just run up to people and demand that they feel my face (I didn't, don't worry). When looking at my skin, the words radiant, or bright have never sprung to mind but when I'm using this, it's a whole other story. No, it hasn't completely banished any signs of redness from my face but it has really improved it. So much so, that even the boyfriend noticed. That's saying something.
I was really impressed by the texture of this serum, it's velvety smooth and thin, therefore sinks into the skin in a matter of seconds. 

Overall, I really enjoy using this. It's so hydrating, and leaves my skin looking bright and even. It doesn't have an affect on my oily skin, but rather leaves my pores tightened, and leaves my skin feeling softer than ever. Well worth the money!

You can find the L'occitane Sublime Essence here for £42






No comments:

Post a Comment