Friday 24 June 2016

Review: Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream



If you're anything like me, you might think that BB and CC creams aren't worth the money, and can't possibly do anything for your skin. These formulas tempt to be lighter in coverage and very hydrating, which isn't great if you're prone to bouts of redness like I am, or have oily skin like I do. With the warm weather here, I decided to switch out my heavier foundations for something a bit lighter - and having heard some rave reviews about the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, I decided to try it out!




Let's talk formula. As the name would suggest, this cc cream contains three different colours in order to correct any imperfections - apricot for anti-fatigue, green to combat redness and white to combat dark areas. The texture is slightly thicker than I expected but warms up on the back of the hand and becomes slightly runny, I assume this is to combat oxidisation as I've never had that issue with this, unlike other bases of this sort. Although the cc cream is thicker than most bb/cc creams, it is still very lightweight and blends seamlessly onto the skin. I would say this is hydrating, but not overpowering for the summer at all - just be sure to set it with some powder if you don't want that greasy look.




Ignore my messy hair. In the before picture you can see I have quite a bit of redness around the cheeks and blotches on my forehead which has been totally erased in the after picture - I was pleasantly surprised as I really didn't expect such good results. I do use a generous amount of product to have this amount of coverage but it still feels like nothing on the skin. This clings onto dry patches if I've been lazy with my skincare routine, so that's probably something to watch out for if you have particularly flaky skin - but it's nothing that a bit of exfoliant can't fix! This is perfect for making me look more awake, and as you can see it is exceptionally good at diffusing redness. Now, I'm not saying this is a miracle worker in the world of light to medium coverage bases - you will still need some concealer for particularly bad days but overall this is a real catch. Perfect for those days where you want to quickly slap some coverage on, and not have to worry about any imperfections peeking through midday. When I'm working, this lasts around 5 hours before it starts to wear off but can last way longer if I'm not up to much. It's important to note that I do work in a hot environment where I'm on my feet all day so I think 5 hours is pretty impressive.

The Bourjois CC Cream is perfect for totally evening out, and brightening the skin, while offering some protection with the addition of SPF 15. At first, I thought this was pretty pricey for a CC cream, but the coverage is very good and in my opinion, is totally worth the £9.99. You can find the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment